Freitag, 1. Juli 2016

HOW TO BE A #GIRLBOSS!



Since I decided to start reading again the first book on my list was GIRLBOSS. I already owned it and even read some chapters one year ago but somehow I just forgot about it. As I gave this book a second try some weeks ago it just blew my mind. I started reading it from the very beginning and with every page and every chapter I got more and more obsessed. This book is not only a perfect guide for every girl who has big dreams, also Sophia wrote her words with so much passion, enegery and honesty that it almost felt like a friend is writing a letter to you. I personally can relate to almost everything she writes and also the quotes she chose are awesome. Everytime I finished another chapter I felt more positive about working hard, dreaming big and never giving up.

For all of you who don't know who Sophia Amoruso is, she is the founder and CEO of Nasty Gal. It's an online fashion store that sells vintage clothes as well as selected designer brands. Sophia started this business without even having the attention to do it as big as it turned out today. She was a young girl without any knowledge in running a business who had some problems with finding the right job and therefore she started selling vintage clothes on eBay. With the years the eBay shop grew bigger and bigger until it became what it is today. A company with an annual turnover about 1 Million $.

Of couse this is just the short version of her success story and she does not brag with this at all. The main intention of the book is actually to empower girls (as well as boys) to work hard for their dreams, to never give up and simply to get shit done. As she writes, "I have three pieces of advice I want you to remember: Don’t ever grow up. Don’t become a bore. Don’t let The Man get to you. OK? Cool. Then let’s do this.”

Follow

13 Kommentare:

Unknown hat gesagt…

I haven't read this book and now I would love to! It sounds so interesting. Lovely post xx

mylifeasmarinaa.blogspot.com

haarkroenung hat gesagt…

you should definitely read it! thanks marina <3

Natiza hat gesagt…

Ik ben zelf nog bezig met lezen.. Maar tot nu toe bevalt die me super goed!

Hair Centre hat gesagt…

I've been meaning to read this book! Definitely going to pick it up soon. :)

Nicole | In The Life of NM

WHYNOTBLOG hat gesagt…

I have wanted to read this for so long! Lovely photography :)

www.whynotblog.co.uk

Emma Copland hat gesagt…

This book has been on my 'to read' list for so long, I just never get round to picking it up! It sounds amazing, love the last quote! X

heart-autumn.co.uk

Anonym hat gesagt…

I have heard about this book and have been meaning to read it for a while! Seems like a very inspiring story! Also, I love your layout you used for the photo in this post. Made sure to give you a follow, feel free to check out my new blog if you would like ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Danielle
www.travelersapprentice.wordpress.com

Karolina Gespucci hat gesagt…

<333 such amazing pictures!

love this book

Karolina Gespucci

Ritu hat gesagt…

Great post! :)

https://outfitsandmakeupblog.wordpress.com/2016/07/01/urban-decay-vice-sheer-liar-lipstick-review-lip-swatch/

Unknown hat gesagt…

I've heard some shady things about Nasty Gal but I do like the message of this book! Thanks for sharing :)

Mili | Sharmtoaster

marbleandrose hat gesagt…

I have been meaning to read this book for so long and very nearly picked it up at the airport the other day, going to have to give it a try!

lots of love, Jane
www.marbleandrose.blogspot.co.uk

Unknown hat gesagt…

I also bought this book a year ago and still haven't read it. Might be time to finally give it a try!! Thank you for the reminder!

If you have the time, I would love it if you could check my blog! I just started and am desperately in need of tips and opinions to better myself. Only if you feel like it of course!

With love,
http://dilarabosak.com

Unknown hat gesagt…

Das Buch mochte ich sehr, habe selbst erst einen Blogpost darüber verfasst 😉. LG, Nicole www.mynicollection.blogspot.de

Kommentar veröffentlichen